Cellucor R3 Extreme Review
OW! Your joints are becoming a problem. And as much as you love working out hard, it’s becoming pretty embarrassing screeching like a girl whenever you try to bench press through an inflamed shoulder, and elbows that feel like knives are being stabbed into them.
First off—stop! Your body needs to recover. Pain is a very real indicator that your body is telling you to slow down. Secondly, why not try a quality joint supplement that will heal you from within, lessening swelling and inflammation of your joints, lubricating them, and causing healing to the connective tissues around your joints.
Outward physical treatment like ice and heat pads and support braces will only go so far, and you know it.
Cellucor R3 Extreme, is a post-recovery product that promises the strength, ingredient power and science able to heal your body quickly, and ease pain and discomfort. Over time you can work out as you once did when you were young and full of vigor; without pain, and with ease.
At least those are the promises. Will Cellucor R3 Extreme deliver?
How Does Cellucor R3 Extreme Work?
Cellucor R3 Extreme offers the following ingredient line-up:
The “R3 Extreme Blend” 675 mgs contains:
• Quercetin Curcumin TeroPure (Pterostilbene)—a form of Resveratrol super-high in cell-healing antioxidants, TeroPure claims to offer fast healing and a wealth of other benefits for your body.
• R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Piperline—heals infections and boost the immune system.
• N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 600 mg— “NAC” is a “stable” type of amino acid that go in and kill free radical scavengers that compromise healthy cells and spread disease.
• Larch Arabinogalactan 500 mg—high in fiber and probiotics, this ingredient detoxifies and cleanses the digestive tract which houses the majority of your immune system.
• B-13 Glucan 500 mg—for immunity and healing.
• Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg—offers lubrication to the tissues around your joints, offering pain relief and cushioning to the joints.
Cellucor R3 Extreme Pros
• Uses potent antioxidants and ingredients to heal cellular damage, improve immunity and lubricate joints
• Offers individual and excellent dosages
• Many positive consumer testimonials
• Free shipping from the official Cellucor site
• Easy once-daily recommended dosage—either post-workout or before bed
Cellucor R3 Extreme Cons
• Expensive at $69.99 for a 1-month supply
• No money-back guarantee
• Ingredients seem more targeted towards total body health, rather than specific to joint health
• May cause nausea and vomiting
• R-Alpha Lipoic Acid is “unstable at room temperature” and must be refrigerated
The Cellucor R3 Extreme Bottom Line
We have a few concerns, most of which have to do with the ingredients. N-Acetyl-Cysteine when administered in dosages less than 500 mgs a day is safe—but higher dosages (like Cellucor’s R3 Extreme’s 600 mg dose) can cause nausea, vomiting and stomach pain and distress. That’s probably why you’re instructed to take this product before bed.
The other is the use of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid. Cellucor does not tell you this ingredient is rendered pretty much useless unless it’s refrigerated. Does that mean it’s thrown into the formula more for marketing purposes? And can you refrigerate the entire formula without compromising effectiveness?
Also, the price. There are cheaper and just as effective joint relief supplements out there (click on the link for our favorites) that offer a refund policy.
We like the Cellucor R3 Extreme formula, and believe it will prove beneficial to overall health and vitality—but we’re not sure about its ability to quickly target joint relief.